Installing in Air-gapped Environments
FAQ for installing in Kubecost in an air-gapped environment
I have to put container images into a private registry to use them in my cluster. What images do I need?
The following images will need to be downloaded. Please substitute the appropriate version for prod-x.xx.x. Latest releases can be found here.
- Frontend: gcr.io/kubecost1/frontend:prod-x.xx.x
- CostModel: gcr.io/kubecost1/cost-model:prod-x.xx.x
- Kube-state-metrics: quay.io/coreos/kube-state-metrics:v1.9.8
- NetworkCosts: gcr.io/kubecost1/kubecost-network-costs:v16.0 (used for network-allocation)
- BusyBox: registry.hub.docker.com/library/busybox:latest (only for NFS)
- Cluster controller: gcr.io/kubecost1/cluster-controller:v0.0.2 (used for write actions)
- Grafana Dashboards: grafana/grafana:8.3.2
Prometheus: Required when bundled
- kiwigrid/k8s-sidecar:1.15.4 (can be optional if not using Grafana sidecar)
Thanos - Enterprise/Durable Storage*
How do I configure prices for my on-premise Assets?
There are two options to configure asset prices in your on-premise Kubernetes environment:
- Simple pipeline: per component prices can be configured in a helm values file (reference) or directly in the Kubecost Settings page. This allows you to directly supply the cost of a CPU month, RAM Gb month, etc.
- Advanced pipeline: this method allows each individual asset in your environment to have a unique price. This leverages the Kubecost custom CSV pipeline which is available on Enterprise plans. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Edit this doc on GitHub